Your personal information and privacy at Your Peace of Mind, managed by Melania Zampieri.
In this practice I can processes your personal data. This is necessary to be able to offer you an accurate service and for the financial handling of the counseling service. In addition, processing may be necessary, for instance, to prevent serious risk to your health and safety or fulfilling a legal obligation (e.g. mandatory reporting of any danger to yourself and/or others).
The duties of Your Peace of Mind
Your Peace of Mind is compliant to Avg, that is the institute responsible for the processing of personal data. This means that:
- Your data is collected for specific purposes of care provision, and for effective management and policy;
- No processing takes place for other purposes;
- If the necessity to process your data arises, you will be informed. This can be requested by Healthcare provider;
- Your personal data is protected against unauthorized access;
- Your personal data is no longer stored than is necessary for proper care. For medical data, this retention period is in principle 15 years (from the last treatment).
Your rights as a person
You have the following rights:
- The right to know if and what private information is processed;
- The right to inspect and copy your client dossier (as far as the privacy of another person thereby is not harmed);
- The right to correct, supplement or delete data if necessary;
- The right to request (partial) destruction of your medical data. This can only be met if the preservation of the data for another person is not of significant importance and the data under a statutory regulation is not retained;
- The right to oppose the processing of your data in certain cases.
Provision of your personal data to third parties
Your Peace of Mind has the obligation to deal with your personal data confidentially. This means, for example, that I would require your explicit consent for the provision of your personal data. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. On the basis of a legal regulation, my duty of silence can be broken, for example when fear of a serious danger to your health or that of a third party.
Exchange data GP
Your Peace of Mind may exchange, if necessary and after you give your permission, relevant data with your GP.
Transfer your file
If you choose a new professional to continue therapy with, the new professional may require details about the services I provided to you. Your counseling history is in my client record for a period of 15 years and, after receiving your permission, I may exchange some necessary and useful details with your new therapist. You cannot obtain the original notes. However, you always have the right to ask a copy of your client dossier. The professionals involved must ensure that their phone line, computer and Internet connections are sufficiently secure.
Your Peace of Mind uses Analytics cookies that don’t track individual behavior but a larger amount of visitors, whose information is processed anonymously. This information is processed in graphics and patterns that help to improve and optimize the website.
Question or complaint
All registered psychologists working in the Netherlands are required to have a formal complaints procedure available on their website. Complaints can be submitted to Klacht and Company through email@example.com using the form (called Klachtenformulier) you can find on this page.